Monday, August 25, 2008

Last of the Mzungus

The final day has now arrived, and it is really hard to believe. Although I knew it was inevitable, I just hoped the time would drag so slow it would never come. But, my time in Africa has ended, and I am down to the last 20 hours. The rest of the group left yesterday, so luckily we took care of most of the emotional goodbyes then. We packed and cleaned the entire house and moved everything, including about 15 beds, out. Somehow the five of us girls left (Ashley R, Seren, Emily, Amber, and I) thought it woudl be a great idea to stay up all night on Saturday. As fun as it was, it definitely didnt help the next morning go any easier. By the time we drove away (I rode with the girls to the airport) we had a whole enterouge of our closest friends outside, and we got to say goodbye to each of them. Throughout the goodbyes we all just cried uncontrollably and many of our friends were too... it was quite an emotional experience. It is just weird to think about how close i really feel to so many of these people. They have become my close friends and I have learned to love each of them. And now I have t go, and really dont know if or when i will ever see them again.

Today I have just been busy with last minute errands, so I am glad i got to say goodbyes yesterday. Ivan has been SOOOO nice and helped me all day. We took care of some things this mroning, adn then went back to the mayor's house (where i am staying for these last few days). He listened to the zune and i layed out and got some last minute sun. after a bit it started POURING like a true african monsoon, so we had to hide out for a bit. Luta came and took us for a tour of the Mehta golf course (john and mom-- you guys would LOVE it. it is legitimately nice), and now im in for my last internet session to wrap up the Secondary School manual.

Tomorrow morning I leave pretty early for the airport, and then it is off to ethiopia, dubai, new york city ( seven hours of play time, yay!), and then HOMMMMME by 7pm. I think that after I get home I will do a few final posts to wrap all the africa adventures up, as well as add a million pictures. So dont stop checking my blog just because you know ill be home to america! The adventures are not quite over.

Hope everything at home is great- i will see you soon!!!!

2 comments:

Annalicia Montgomery said...

i see you in 2 days. crazzzzzyyyy and we will also get you your food.
ok
sweeeeet

Unknown said...

can't wait to see ur amazing pics!! :)